No-Bake Protein Bars [Vegan] – A green planet
No-Bake Protein Bars [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of optional chocolate protein powder
- 5 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate pieces
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Line an 8 × 8 pan with parchment paper. Put aside.
- In a food processor, blend the oatmeal and cashews until they resemble coarse flour. Add the coconut, sesame seeds, protein powder, dates, maple syrup, water and salt. Mix until the dough begins to form. Add another tablespoon of water if it is still dry. You should be able to press the dough with your hands. Add the pumpkin seeds and process them until incorporated.
- Press the dough into the mold. It won’t fill the entire mold, so just shape it into a rectangle that takes up about half of the mold. You can try to fill the whole pan, but it will be thinner bars.
- Transfer to the freezer for 10 min.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds. at a time. Take the bars out of the mold (with the parchment paper). Cut into 6 equal rectangles. Drizzle with dark chocolate. Transfer back to the mold and freeze for 5 min. until the chocolate is set. Store bars in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a week.